Saturday, May 11, 2013

'What an ugly beast the ape, and how like us.'

No, I don't really think they're ugly beasts :-) that's an allegedly quote by Marcus Tullius Cicero.
This is my entry for the  Alpha Challenge on the Craft Barn Blog  I just made it under the wire ... If you want to know what this is all about please have a look at their blog.

This time it's the letter 'A' and I chose the word ape:

The background is a gelli print (ghostprint) again like all my other pages for this challenge, the stamps are by: katzelkraft, stamper's best and indigo blu.
I'll leave the interpretation to you :-D
Please don't mind the quality of the pic (the sketches from the dictionary show an orang utan, a chimpanzee, and a gorilla) I had to make a detour because blogger doesn't allow me to upload pictures for some time ...

Oh, and of course I'm entering this also into Carolyn Dube's Colorful Gelli Print Party ;o)

Thanks for looking.
Hugs, Suzanne xxx

13 comments:

  1. Lovely apes ... lovely background ... so much fun visiting your entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice free style Suzanne...great idea the ape!

    have a nice weekend, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous page love your word choice

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page - that I am so special stamp always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous background Suzanne and I love that ape in the top hat image - it's brilliant, especially with the wording at the side. Thank you for the smile! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful page Suzanne. I can't wait to have a try with a gelli plate! The background is superb: so many layers and beautiful muted tones. Yes, you are special - one look at your fab work tells us that. . . . .
    Enjoy your week.
    Juliaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun, I have that Katzelkraft set too but I didn't think of using it for Ape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh you cut that fine and I thought I was late with my "K" LOL. Great Ape page, love him in his top hat. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great word choice...loving your gelli print background! Something I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great word choice and a fabulous page.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning. I love your stamping style, the layering of images, and the monkey is awesome, one of my faves x

    ReplyDelete

  12. Great interpretation
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ghosts are sometimes my favorite Gelli prints! Love how you are using your prints with stamps! Thanks for sharing with the party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)