Saturday, May 11, 2013

canvas

and two not-so-matching cards :-D
Here in Germany mother's day is tomorrow. I made two cards and a canvas - with the gelli plate, of course.
Since we have only my mother left of her genaration I only will send one of them but don't know yet which one it will be.
My Mom loves blue/green/turqoise.

The stamp and the die cut heart are by Tim Holtz. I used the die cut hearts as a stencil resp. stamp on all backgrounds.

The backgrounds are gelli prints. For this one I added an arrow with a screw brad. The heart is stamped on a piece of vellum, coloured with panpastel (on the back) and attached with staples.

This heart is stamped on tissue paper, coloured with pan pastels and covered with glossy accents. It's a bit uneven because I crumpled the tissue paper. You can't really see it: I also pulled a print with the tissue paper. Then I tore it into a strip and adhered it onto the background.
The nut is a pun/kind of teapot-thing :-D it's also called 'Mutter'/mother in German.

Thank you so much for stopping by and happy Mother's day to all of you - to whom it may concern ;o)
Have a wonderful Sunday anyway.
Hugs, Suzanne xxx

4 comments:

  1. Boah, sehr schöne Werke sind das wieder, Suzanne. Ich denke, das mit dem Herz wird Deiner Mom gefallen, weil sie die Farben ja mag.

    Schönes Wochenende

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne, I do love the first one, that lightbulb is brilliant but for me the next one is fabulous! Love the blues, love the fabulous heart with the 'arrow' and I love the swirl pattern on the third. Beautiful work! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't choose between the 2nd and 3rd! I love the backgrounds and the way you've treated the hearts. Pan pastels on vellum? Never tried that one before - I only have 3 pp's anyway but would like to give it a try. Which card did you choose in the end?
    Hope your Mother's Day was enjoyable.
    Juliaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Der Canvas ist genial schön! Deine Mutter wird sich sicher sehr darüber freuen! LG Claudia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)