Tuesday, January 29, 2013

flourishes for the Fun with ATCs challenge #80

Another fortnight went by and it's time for a new challenge over at Fun with ATCs - this time it's flourishes.
This is what I made:

I pondered on that for a very long time since I usually don't use flourishes and I only have a little plate with clearstamps which nearly had slipped my memory, at the very bottom of a box.
The background was made with distress stains broken china, brushed pewter and salty ocean, then the flourish was embossed with frantage embossing enamel aged silver and a few crumbs of aged black were strewn around it. The flower was die cut with the T.H. tattered florals die and a chipboard button was added. Finally I glued down a little wooden butterfly, colored with ds spiced marmelade and fired brick, the edges were swiped a little with black soot.

So, now it's your turn. We are looking forward to the wonderful little artworks you'll come up with. Please hop over to FwATCs and have a look at the beautiful ATCs my fellow DT members made and get inspired to create your own.

Thanks for looking.

Hugs, Suzanne xxx

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Suzanne
    I will start again.
    Your ATC is brilliant. I have made and photographed one, just need to get it onto pc and upload to challenge blog. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do like this Suzanne, love the way you have sprinkled the black Frantage around, it really sets off the black flower wonderfully. Love that button too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous ATC, beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Das sieht ja super aus. Ein ganz tolle ATC!!!!

    (Mir diese Thema geht es schwer, aber ich versuche immer noch :))>

    ReplyDelete
  6. The embossing looks great, as well as the picture in the flower...eye catching detail!

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, Beautiful Suzanne, A lovely ATC totally fits the theme. Nice to see you out of the comfort zone ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the use of the aged silver for the flourish and the addition of the vintage picture 'flower'. The whole ATC has a great grungy feel which shows that you can work so well with a flourish, even if you don't usually use them! Must try to find time for this challenge.
    Hugs again,
    Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)