Friday, February 1, 2013

Craft Barn Alpha Challenge #2 - C

Over at the craft barn they have a great challenge - the alpha challenge.
This time it's the letter C and I chose the word 'camera':


I began with a journal page so this has to be one, too.
I used another one of my gelli plate backgrounds, die cut a filmstrip by T.H., put some pictures behind and glued it down. Then I die cut the letters for the word camera (another T.H. die) and adhered them onto the circle pattern of the page. On the bottom left there's some tissue tape. The definition of the word was torn out of my dictionary and I highlighted the word with rusty hinge. There have been some pictures of different kinds of cameras, too, so I tore out the one on the top left. The camera next to the filmstrip is an indigo blu stamp as well as the small male head.

I'm also entering this into Carolin Dube's gelli print party. She has decided to go on with her party and start a new round each month.



The background of the page originally looked like this:


Thank you so much for looking.

Hugs,
Suzanne xxx

14 comments:

  1. Lovely page! Thank you for joining us again over at The Craft Barn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used your wonderful print! The circles peek out from your embellishments, letters, and photos just perfectly! So glad you came to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Great page.
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzanne, you really do create the most stunning backgrounds and this is no exception. Love how you built up the page and put the word camera around the circle - love it! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page! beautiful colors and i love the camera's on it! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layers and colours of your paper!
    Great C journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your background and all the elements you've added - great choice of word!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Großartig geworden, Suzanne.

    Ich wünsche Dir ein schönes Wochenende

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page. I really love that background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderfully fun "camera" page! Your background start would be perfect for the new circles theme. Love your background and love your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your camera page Suzanne. I'm inspired by what the gelli plate can do and your print is amazing with such wonderfully clear pattern. Gorgeous.
    Hugs to you
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful journal art. I play with this medium but never publish! Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great page. The red on your print feels overwhelming to mee, but the things you used to finish the page give a balance to it and I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)