Thursday, May 7, 2015

wooden box with and for Decoart products

Hi all ...
I feel both chuffed and honoured that I've been accepted as a member of the blogger outreach program (see sidebar) from decoart.
Today I'd like to share a woodcrate I purchased from IK*A that screamed for a makeover.




supplies used:
americana decor chalky finish relic
americana decor chalky finish remembrance
americana decor stain blocker
americana crème wax golden brown
Andy Skinner stencil 'old film'
Andy Skinner stencil 'made to measure'
thick brush
sanding paper

The box came in natural wood - and in pieces :-) 
The panels were covered with stain blocker first. Then a layer of relic resp. remembrance chalky finish were added and the stencil was 'sponged' through, I also used relic for this. Now came the sanding ... and I still have a blister on my thumb. Finally everything was sealed with crème wax and matte varnish, then assembled.
It's perfect to store my decoart acrylic paints, I think :-D

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a look. I hope you like it.
Have a great weekend everyone ...

Hugs, Suzanne xxx

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on joining the Outreach Programme Suzanne. I love how you painted and stencilled the box, it looks wonderful! I must have a look for the stain blocker, it sounds interesting... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, that's great news, I love your crate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)