Second post for today - thanks for bearing with me :-)
After quite some time I'm happy to join the Art Journey Challenge again, one of my favorite challenges.
This time the gorgeously talented DT asks for mail art envelopes and I made two pieces.
For the first one I cut a few freehand clouds and masked them as well as a
piece of paper to keep the space for the address clear. The background
was sponged with several distress ink pads, trying to blend the colors
together. Then I stamped various AJ stamps onto it and colored them
lightly with watercolor pencils.
For the second one - with matching postcard - I used the gelli printing plate and a few stencils to create the background. Then here too several of those adorable AJ images were stamped, they have stunning steampunk stamps among others. I used watercolor pencils on those too to give the images a bit of color.
Thanks a bunch for taking the time and stopping by. Have a lovely day all of you, sun is shining around here and I really hope it will stay a bit.
Hugs, Suzanne xxx
Friday, April 18, 2014
Mail Art Envelope
Labels:
Art Journey,
Art Journey Challenge,
challenge,
Gelli Plate,
Mail,
masculine,
Steampunk
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




DROOL!!! LOvely!! I am ESP loving the man with wings!!! I would love to do a mail art Swap with you!!!!! Amazing job! (tera.callihan22@gmail.com)
ReplyDeletePrachtige mail art, mooi al die laagjes. Bedankt voor je bijdrage!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous mail art Suzanne, love the card and the matching envelope with the great guy, the most!
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter, Alie :-)
Realy love your mailart! Thans for joining our challenge!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! That man looks really good with tyjose wings! :-D
ReplyDeleteSorry, terrible typing. Am on the tablet and auto correct hates me x
ReplyDeleteThis is great mail art, and a wonderful card too! Thanks for joining our challenge.
ReplyDeleteSehr schöne Umschläge Suzanne!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work! Thanks again for taking part in our challenge!
ReplyDelete