Tuesday, July 16, 2013

mask

I don't know if you remember: some time ago I asked what to do with this mask.

After some time of thinking I came up with this:

This is my entry into the HDH Challenge #171: Freaker's free for all - which is their way to say anything goes :-D
I painted the mask with black and gold acrylic paint, covered it with a crackle medium and overpainted it with white acrylic paint I added a bit of DI reinker antique linen to. Afterwards I gave it a wash with quinacridone gold (thanks Mark x :-)). After it was dry I stamped some cobwebs and little spiders. I added some sequins at the top and feathers behind the eyes. Thought the latter might look at least a bit spooky :-D 

Thanks for stopping by and having a look.
Hugs, Suzanne xxx

13 comments:

  1. Love how it turned out, the quin gold really helps with the aged look and made it much warmer.
    the cob web stamp looks cool too. x thanks for joining in over at hdh x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that crackle came out really well, love the colours:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice spooky mask, great work!

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember it very well Suzanne and I love what you have done with it - great colours and stamping - it looks perfect for the challenge. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is stunning, adore the colours and the effects

    happy crafting
    Jay x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has turned out really well, good idea with the quin gold wash. Love it. Gruesse von Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful Suzanne! I have to order that Quin Gold, can't find it in the stores here. Really makes it all come together beautifully.
    So glad you stopped by the Dungeon at HDH today to show off your fantastically freaky mask!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! I adore masks and yours is beyond fab! thanks so much for sharing with HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful :-) The crackle effect is amazing.
    Thank you for sharing at HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE :-)

    IKE xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW I love this. It looks so damn cool, especially the crackle and spiders. Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could have sworn I left some love earlier. Oh well.
    Your mask is incredibly beautiful Suzanne, just wonderfully decadent. Thank you for sharing your art with us in the Dungeon at HDH

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful mask, love the crackle effect and the spiders are FAB! Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)