Tuesday, April 23, 2013

there's magic in the air ...

Firstly a warm welcome to my newest followers, I'm very happy and thankful to have you here and hope you like some of the things you see :o)

Again two weeks have passed and it's the 86th challenge over at Fun with ATCs.
This time we ask you for ATCs that picture your conceptions of 'magic' in whatever way. These are my entries:


The background of the first one is simply sprayed with some Moon Shadow Spray, the sourcerer is by acapella stamps and the bottles by vilda stamps. At some point I decided to add a little bit of a woodgrain stamp, but don't remember what company it is by.

For the second one I used the distress paint marble technique or whatever it's called (basically smear some paint on a mat - antique linen, broken china, rusty hinge - spray some water on it and pull the cardstock through), then I coated it with a layer of dylusion spray white. The voodoo doll is a very brave attempt to draw something on my own LOL. Finally I added some stickles onto the top of the needles and sprinkled some frantage embossing enamel black and ivory over the whole ATC. Stamps are by clear art stamps and zettiology.
-------------------------------------------
Der HG des ersten ist nur gesprüht, der Magier ist von Acapella, die Flaschen von Vilda Stamps. Zum Schluss habe ich noch ein bisschen Holzstruktur gestempelt.

Für das zweite: distress paint auf eine Matte, mit Wasser besprüht, Karte durchgezogen. Übersprüht mit Dylusion Spray weiß. Die Voodoopuppe ist eine bescheidene Eigenkreation, die anderen Stempel von clear art stamps und zettiology.
Zum Schluss: ein bisschen Frantage Embsossing Enamel schwarz und elfenbein darübergekrümelt und Stickles auf die Nadelköpfe.
-------------------------------------------

Please check out the awesome ATCs my fellow DT members came up with on the FwATCs challenge blog and get inspired. Have fun showing us your magic :-)

Suzanne

9 comments:

  1. I do like the image of the sorcerer, he is a bit scary but good at the same time..... and as for the voodoo doll, it looks great especially with his zipped tummy - love that. As ever, your backgrounds are amazing, I really love the second one and the white spritzing adds something really special. Love these! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool, I thought the doodoo doll was a stamp, It looks brilliant.
    I kinda knew the wizard had to make an appearance and Im not dissappointed xx
    great techniques for the bg's x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sorceror is wonderful... and I love all the neon liquids he has in his glass jars and tubes! Love the voodoo doll too... though I have to say, when I first glanced, I thought it was a "before and after" pair... and that's what happened to him when all the liquids exploded!! Really delicious, atmospheric ATCs!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are brilliant Suzanne, I love your backgrounds, and well done you for drawing your own Voodoo doll. I love the Frantage, and know this will look spectacular in real life :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great atc's, love the voodoo doll.and the backgrounds are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhh. Now I see in your description you don't do cute. I'm glad I'm hiding behind my screen because.... I adore you your voodoo doll. He is SO cute! (But saying that 'normal' cute stuff I find kinda freaky a lot of the time...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such interesting takes on this theme and so many intriguing ideas. Love it. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both great! I like the wizard, and the voodoo doll was a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous ATCs, Suzanne! I especially like the one with the splash of colour!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)