Tuesday, March 12, 2013

gothic - Fun with ATCs challenge #83

Thank you so very much for the many, many entries you provided for our last challenge. We've had a very hard time to pick just three for our favourites.

Now again a fortnight has rushed by and it's time for a new challenge over at Fun with ATCs. This time we'd like to see your gothic-themed ATCs.


For my ATC I firstly sprayed the background with some moon shadow spray by Lindy's stamp gang. It has a great iridescent effect. Then I stamped and masked the 'fallen angel' (don't remember what the image is called actually) and the moon and sprayed faded jeans, a little black soot and dusty concord (all self made sprays from DI reinkers and water) on the top to create a kind of night sky. Afterwards I stamped the graveyard gate and the tree with the birds. Because the sky seemed a little too dark I took some color away by using a waterbrush. The coloring is done with DI reinker iced spruce, tattered rose and fired brick.
Stamps are by stampinback, cherry pie and de stempelwinkel.

We're very much looking forward to your doubtless gorgeous entries. To get inspired please hop over to the FwATCs blog and have a look at the stunning ATCs my fellow DT members came up with.
Have fun!

I'm also entering this into the newly launched 'left of center' challenge, where anything goes as long as it is for example gothic:-) for further details and rules you can have a look at their blog.

Hintergrund: gesprüht mit moon shadow spray von Lindy's stamp gang und selbst gemachten Sprays mit Distress Nachfüllern. Teils vorher, teils nachdem ich den 'gefallenen Engel' und den Mond maskiert habe. Bunt gemalt habe ich auch mit DI Nachfüllern und einem Wassertankpinsel.

Thank you ever so  much for having a look.
Hugs, Suzanne xxx

16 comments:

  1. This is stunning, Suzanne. I love your sky and the scene set by combining stamps. The focal image is very arresting. Thank you for sharing your art with us at Left of Center. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne, the fallen angel looks beautiful against your fabulous background - wow - love the way the moon stands out. So much detail in such a small space, I love it! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ein tolles ATC mit dem gefallenen Engel, den ich so gerne mag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool... the red is such a vivid standout against the mysterious night!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ATC is amazing. I really enjoyed reading how you created it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous ATC! Greetings Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very impressive atc Suzanne..that red is eye catching!

    kind regards,Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic ATC, Suzanne! Love the splashs of red, it really sets it off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant ATC, Love that image & the background is amazing... Fabulous... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I must say - I am extremely impressed and loved what you did wit this - one heck of a lot!!!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzanne, I love this ATC, its awesome! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous ATC! I love the scene you've created. Thanks for joining us at Left of Center Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't believe how much drama you have crammed onto an ATC!! Magnificent work here. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is one of the best ATC's I have ever seen! It is so dramatic and breathtaking! Wonderful! Lots of love from Laura xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful stamping, I love how the eye is drawn to the blood red, awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great composition- such neat images and the whole effect is fabulous! So glad you joined us this week at Left of Center!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)