Hi all of you around the globe ...
I welcome you warmly on my blog to have a look at my messy crafting table. If you're wondering why I'm doing this ... please hop over to the wonderful Julia's blog stamping ground to see what all this is about. Basically it's a chance to snoop around other people's crafty workdesks and discover what they're up to. In fact, it's so much more. Just try, it's worth the experience.
I don't know what it is, I can tidy up as often as I want - within a wink of the eye my table looks like this again ... *sighs*
In the center there's a tea try I purchased some time ago which I try to alter. It's supposed to be a thank-you-gift for a neighbor who handed down lots of children's clothes to us the other day.
I planned to keep it in the colors of the Union Jack since I don't have any tea-related images. But I'm not at all satisfied ... there are several layers of acrylic paint on it already ... would you believe I'm just too dense to sand the color back to achieve the look I'm aiming at?
Anyway ... coffee is missing today because I'd finished it and have been just about to leave house. Around the tray there are several supplies I used recently to make some cards, a bottle of gesso, remaining DIY chalk paint I'm not going to waste, various inkpads, and tape. Some StazOn midi I bought recently and I'm already totally in love with. The little booklet with the number 2 on it is a post it booklet I want to alter.
I thank you so very much for taking the time to stop by ...
I'll only be able to visit and comment on your blogs later today, sorry for that, but I'll try my best.
Have the most wonderful day everyone ...
Hugs, Suzanne (#41) xxx
witches
2 hours ago




It will be great to see how your tray evolves.... sometimes half the fun is in the process.
ReplyDeleteSandra @41
That tea tray is going to be very handy for your neighbor. I think it's a good idea to use the Union Jack colors instead of a tea theme, because he/she could use it for other purposes. Happy WOYWW! #52
ReplyDeleteI am a messy girl too, so good to see I am not the only one! I what to see it finished too please.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the look around. Good luck with the tray - we all know that feeling of being stuck in the middle of a project, quite unsure how to proceed. I'm sure it will end up just smashing. Susanne #62
ReplyDeleteI tidy mine and tidy mine and tidy again, never get time to use it. It's the kids hop out there before I get a chance. Flaming cheek!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing how your projects turn out :)
Oh that really does look like a busy desk!! I hope you enjoy your new stencil when it arrives. Thanks for the earlier visit, Cindy
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the tray and all the other nice materials on your desk to create awesome things Suzanne!
ReplyDeleteYou're so busy - thanks for taking the time to share. I hope you're happy with the finished tray. Your desk looks a great place to work and play. Have a wonderful week, Chris # 47
ReplyDeleteTea caddy is wonderful I have to agree I'm lazy when it comes to sanding back too I just keep adding layer on top of layer :) hugs Nikki 12
ReplyDeletethanks for the visit :)
Ooh I think the tray colours are rather good - sort of antiqued and elderly Union Jack...keep going! I have a post it book like that..I bought it for the Post Its..never occurred to me to alter it - shows just how differently our minds are working!
ReplyDelete