Wednesday, September 11, 2013

WOYWW #223 - working on destruction

Good morning snoopers and deskhoppers all around the globe.
It's this time again when you get the chance to have a look at other people's desks, an event which is hosted by Julia Dunnit - please pay her a visit to see what this is all about.
This is my desk/dining table how it looked this morning:
It's a canvas I'm working on. I'm trying to achieve a kind of muddy and decayed look with the means I have at hand. At the moment I'm a bit at a loss how to proceed, though.
Scattered around you can see - among other things - a few bits of a gorgeous swap parcel I got the other day, more on this later. The white piece above the acrylic paint is something I'm planning to use on a page for my alphabet journal - if I ever get it done in time.
This is how the canvas looked before:
Pieces of tyvek were adhered, colored with different acrylic paints, gesso, inka gold, then stencilled.
I wanted the tyvek to bubble, but it tore and ripped away immediately. Anyway. I'll work with that. There aren't any mistakes in art after all, are there? :-D
Now I'm off to hopping around and hopefully commenting :-)
Have a wonderful day and happy WOYWW!

Suzanne xx


19 comments:

  1. Guten morgen Suzanne, wie gehts. the canvas is looking good and I love all the painty stuff. Viele liebe gruesse von Francesca #47

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think you're getting a great finish for the look that you're after. I don't know when to stop with these things though, so always end up with just a muddy puddle! Is that a piece of fabric or another piece of canvas at left in purples and blues?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the canvas is looking :)
    Happy Wednesday
    Laura
    81

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there ,,,canvas looking good.... Enjoy the process....ZEFFY#71

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the decaying process is coming along nicely. NancyH #90

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well - that's looking pretty cool to me. I so admire that you can do this... I never know when to stop LoL :-D

    Hugz

    HAPPY WOYWW 223

    Ike in Greece #91 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzanne your canvas is coming on really well, you're definitely achieving the look you're after. Can't wait to see how it progresses. Have a good week. MMx #76

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the effects - just brilliant!
    Happy WOYWW and have a wonderful week!
    no. 33

    ReplyDelete
  9. yep I'm back. ha just had to see what you had going on. love the colors .. my daughter made me a stencil like the one you used. I love it.And thanks for letting me peak in to your room. Roberta 6

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's looking good from here :-)
    Happy WOYWW
    Kay #45

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hm, not familiar with this tyvek stuff and I've seen it mentioned couple other places too lately. A decayed look has started to appear so it's seems you're on the right track. Thanks for the earlier visit! Happy WOYWW! Nan G #92

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the visit earlier. I think the canvas is beginning to look great! You're right there are no mistakes in art; but it must have been disappointing about the Tyvek all the same! A lovely friend sent me some in Happy Mail, so I have yet to try it! I'll have to bear in mind that it's strictly experimental! Julie Ann x #42

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love what you are doing! Love the comment earlier "there are no mistakes in art" How true is that! I think we are harder on our self's!

    Thank you for the visit! Hugs Robin #51

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's gorgeous you are doing a fine job. Thanks for the visit BJ#94

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you got the look you wanted right there!

    Cazzy x #87

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi
    your canvas is looking good maybe you could add a mermaid or other mythical sea creature it looks very 'under the sea' ish
    janet #28

    ReplyDelete
  17. Liking the look of it so far ... can't wait to see the finished piece! Thanks for your visit and happy woyww Liz

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like it, you are right, there are no bonobos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)