Saturday, September 28, 2013

another broken heart

This kept me busy for quite a while since I only was able to do something for a short time per day ... but now it's done (?) ...
 Now I think the background is by far not dark enough ...

I've been so looking forward to it - and in the end it turned out quite different anyway.
The heart is a cheap frame I purchased some time ago and thought it would be perfect. I planned to crackle it, but for some reasons it didn't work. So I just applied almost everything onto it that lay around and now it ended up a bit rusted. But that's okay ... If something gathers enough rust it eventually breaks, doesn't it? Then there was only a piece of acetate in the frame, no glass ...

quite not bad, but not good enough either ... I'll use this for another project.

So what do I use to shatter? Finally I dug out some microscope sliders - HA! Some AAI onto it, some stamps and - crush!
This is another entry for the challenge over at Smudgy Antics - broken hearts.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend.

Hugs, Suzanne xxx

13 comments:

  1. fabulous, love the glass parts on it!
    have a great weekend!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Suzanne, this is a fabulous piece of art! I love the rusted heart broken in half and all the bits look amazing and the frame is wonderful. You are very talented and this is a very beautiful piece. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of symbolism here and so BEAUTIFUL! Love the broken pieces! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow das ist ja klasse - echt ein Hammer-Bild!!!! Fantastisch gestaltet!
    LG Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, love the shattered glass effect. liebe gruesse von Franesca

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow..this is gorgeous love the broken pieces stunning work. Thank you for joining us at Smudgy antics this challenge
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool! Funny how different the colors are in each pic. Yes, I agree with the background being a little too light, BUT that just puts the focus on those awesome shards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing piece! I love your rusty, broken heart with the trail of AI coated broken shards of glass dripping out! Fabulous imagery, marvelous frame and perfect quote! Thanks for playing along with Smudgy Antics again :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This Suzanne is a masterpiece.... truly... i adore everything about it. FANTASTIC!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Smudgy antics again this fortnight..... this is pure genius.
    BDx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this broken heart. So much work and oh sooooo worth it. Fabulous effects. Thank you for sharing your art with us at Smudgy Antics x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful piece Suzanne, Love the shards of glass......FAB
    Thanks for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is such a great piece! I love the whole idea and the broken glass is perfect! I bet it was loads of fun to make!! thanks for joining us at Smudgy Antics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another really beautiful piece, you art is so inspiring and moving. Each piece grabs my attention and draws me in. Thank you again for joining us at Smudgy Antics xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)