Wednesday, August 21, 2013

WOYWW #220 - rust


Hello peeps from all over the world. Welcome to my messy desk :-) therefore just a small snippet today.
If you hop over to Julia Dunnit's blog you can learn everything about WOYWW and what I'm talking about.

I bought some powder recently to create a rusty effect. It looked great on the samples in the shop and now I'm experimenting. These are pieces in different stages.
On the left you can see some awesome goodies my blogfriend Mark sent me - thanks so very much!! x I adore every single piece ... a beautiful script stencil, a stunning TAG (I remember seeing this on the HDH challenge blog but it looks even better irl), a very pretty radiant ATC and a domino brooch. I immediately attached it to my bagpack and only took it off for the pic :-) And a gorgeous keyring pendant I still have to find a place for.
Here you can have a closer look at the rusty things:
 

This is the first piece I made (based on a piece of mountboard Mark sent me too) - I like this one best. Of course I've not been able to catch the real colors in the pics but this one looks closest to the real thing.

The second piece, based on a playing card:

Not bad but not what I hoped for either. To be honest I don't even know what I did different this time ... perhaps a bit less of the powder ...

And I tried a few cogs from cardboard and a clock piece from grungeboard:

Well, that's all for today. Thank you ever so much for visiting and have a great day.
I'm off to snoop around other people's desks :-D

Hugs, Suzanne xxx

13 comments:

  1. Ooh, happy mail, isn't it the best?

    The bears @#99

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mail from Mark how awesome. Your rusty looks are great you would not know they are cardboard.
    Sandy :) #64

    ReplyDelete
  3. the rusting looks great. mail that isn't bills is always a good thing. I'm going to look for the powder you showed previously, i like how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzanne, love your happy mail from Mark, especially the domino. Great rusting too, I can't seem to get mine right but I will keep trying and would be more than happy if it ended up looking like yours! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne, your rusting looks fantastic, and you are a lucky girl to get such super happy mail. Have a great week. MMx #33

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your faux rust effects are very cool, and that orange "dante" tag is gorgeous!

    Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #4

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your friend Mark is very generous!! What lovely things he sent you!! I love your "rusty" pieces too!!
    xxDaniella#13

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad they got to you ok Suzanne,
    Is that the 'Original Rust' product? happy hopping

    ReplyDelete
  9. With your rust pieces did you spray the pieces with white vinegar after applying the rust powder? I saw on someone's blog that was what they were doing. Your pieces are looking good and your little gifts bits are fantastic
    Have a really great WOYWW and enjoy the rest of your week
    Hugs Ria #85

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love rust! I like your cog and your watch piece very much indeed. I am really eager to try rusting things. Butterfly over at Words and Pictures did some really lovely work along the rusty lines! Thank you for paying me a visit. I am trying to get round to as many people as possible but life is pretty busy and I always seem to lag behind! Julie Ann xx #35

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy WOYWW! Oh i love this powder, your pieces look great!!What is this powder Called? I think i totally NEED some!! Can't wait to see what all you create!
    -Tera #124

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely stash to be sent by your buddy Mark, Suzanne - so generous! I am a bit of a rust junkie so adore your pieces! I experimented a while back with brown distress embossing powder and various other things, and got some amazing results with shrink plastic - the gears looked as if they'd been at the bottom of the sea for several years! I love producing effects like this - so creative. I'm hoping to do lots more steampunk stuff once I get set up.

    Thanks for your lovely comment, and I'm glad you're enjoying my journey towards a new ARTHaven. I am certainly having a huge amount of fun unpacking the stuff - a whole day tomorrow to continue!

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #94

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well it seems we've all been hooked by 'rust'! As I took the leap and ordered some of the rust powder stuff from the UK! Sure hope you like it, the pics look pretty good to me. Happy WOYWW! Nan G #1 a bit late

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)