Friday, August 16, 2013

this is what it all started with ...

not much time for crafting these days so I'll share something else with you.
This is what it all started with:
In 2010 my mother asked me to make some place cards for her 70th birthday. I printed them - and thought they look rather sparse and incomplete :-)
And I thought further that a little blossom or something would look nice on them, so I went to a craft shop to search for a small stamp. Then - I don't know what hit me - I searched the internet for stamps and shops and found this generous woman nearest to my home. She introduced me to the basics of stamping and helped me a lot since then. I was hooked.
(Un-)fortunately her shop is even nearer to my workplace so I usually visit her quite regularly.

Do you remember your very first stamp? :-)
Have a great day ...

Hugs, Suzanne xxx

5 comments:

  1. I can't think which was my first, I have so many cica 3000 , yes that many. Alot I do not use and will probably get rid over. Have a good day. Liebe gruesse von Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have quite as many as Francesca above but I have many hundreds! My first was a Penny Black Christmas set, I think........ Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story, I think my first set of stamps were flowers. Have a great weekend!
    Groetjes karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes...a small Christmas elf laying on his tummy. And I couldn't for life of me figure out how to color him to look like the pic on the wood block! How things have changed in ten years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me it all started harmlessly times :) One Piece here, then there something else ... so much has occurred in the runs of the time. Beginning to write letters, and simply because I liked things well. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)