Wednesday, August 14, 2013

WOYWW #219 - where to put the journal pages ...

A cheerful hello (well, I try :-) still half asleep actually ...) to all my visitors, the deskhoppers all around the world (if you wonder what the heck I'm talking about please have a look at Julia Dunnit's blog to learn about WOYWW) and of course to my faithful followers and commenters, you know who you are :-)

Thankfully it's the last day at work for me for quite some time, finally I have some days off. I desperately need them, to be honest. Anyway.

You came (I assume) to see what's going on on my desk aka dining table.
I was thinking about how I could assemble the pages I did for the great Alpha Challenge over at the Craft Barn blog. I really enjoy very much to join in that challenge - all the backgrounds are made with the gelli print plate and a few posts back you can see the newest addition. Well to not cover too much of the pages or even punching holes into them I thought I could use tab die cuts. On the pic you can see the first page I made (letter V - vanity) and which is still one of my favorite pages. The covers are made with some halloween paper and I'm planning to stick letters onto the front, you can see them above the half finished journal. I sprayed them with various sprays and still can't decide if I should cover them with glossy accents or what else to add :-)
On the right you can see a soap bar :-) my daughter 1 brought from Italy for me. Actually I don't know why it's still there, but it smells exceptionally good ...
The pink thing there is my first ever attempt to carve a stamp from a rubber on my own. Since I can't draw a thing I used a stencil, hope that doesn't break the law against copyright.
Well, that's it :-) Coffee is not on the pic, but it is there somewhere :-D

Have a wonderful day all of you and happy WOYWW!

Cheers, Suzanne xx

16 comments:

  1. hi there Suzanne your journal looks great I'm really interested in gelli plate effects any tips? Have a great day Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are awesome love the tabs at the side to link it all up into a book great idea there. I am waiting for my new Gelli plate to arrive in the mail should hopefully get here tomorrow.. Looks like you have conquered it wonderfully.
    Happy WOYWW
    Sandy :) #71

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whuahaha...a real haunted house!!!!

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great journal pages, and new stamp - sure thats fine, I know 'Zeffy' has some great hand carved rubber stamps, something else I would like to try one day.

    Lynda #89

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal looks fabulous. I love the right page so much. Great layering going on there =)

    Back from my holidays wishing you happy WOYWW and a lovely week.
    xx Monique #97

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such wonderful pages - you are always an inspiration :-) I really hope you enjoy your days off work !!

    Happy WOYWW

    IKE xxx #99

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzanne, your journal pages look great and I really like your idea of binding them together using the file tabs, it works really well and adds great continuity. Brilliant idea. Thanks for your visit and lovely comments. MMx #83

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzanne
    your journal is looking fantastic I am loving all the layers and textures to it and it looks like you are loving your gelli plate
    Have a good WOYWW and enjoy the rest of your week
    Hugs Ria #43

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your beautiful pages Suzanne and love the look of your 'messy' desk - looks amazingly like mine! Not joined in (again!) this week but hope too soon. Just called in to say hello..... Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. your journal pages are amazing. happy crafting #2

    ReplyDelete
  11. The journal pages are terrific. I won't tell if you don't about using the stencil!! Hugs. Pam#33

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your journal pages are great, love the colours and textured. do love the page tab, good idea.
    Have a good rest and liebe gruesse von Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  13. fab journal pages, I see so many inspiring journals on here. I just need to get myself in gear! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #45 xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep another great piece! I love it and going to peek around some more in your blog so I will be back. Thanks for sharing and Bright blessings to you and yours. Roberta #55

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely pages, Grainne, so very pretty!

    Thank you for stopping by this woyww, I appreciate your visit and comment!
    :)trisha
    #27 this week

    ReplyDelete
  16. Belated Happy WOYWW! Nan G #4 ... Love your dictionary pages. I haven't joined for awhile, shame on me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)