Sunday, July 28, 2013

the Dead Eyes of London (masking)

Hi folks, thank you so much for taking the time to have a look at my blog. I hope you are well wherever you are ...

A big welcome to my newest followers too. I'm delighted to see you and hope you'll find something around here that you like ;o)

This is my entry into the 'Artful Times' challenge #34 which is masking. I'm so glad I finally found the time to join this fab challenge again, it's one of my favorites.
As it happens I've been commsissioned to make a birthday card for a coworker again.
At first I stamped the eyes (stampinback), the gent (indigo blu) and the flag (indigo blu) on a piece of cardstock (the flag is stamped with DI, misted with a little water to achieve a watercolored look). Then I masked the eyes and the gentleman and stamped Big Ben (artistic outpost) and the tombstone (paper artsy/hot picks) and masked them as well to dab the background with DI faded jeans and fired brick with a crumpled plastic bag. At last I added the 'London' stamp (artistic outpost).

Thank you so much for looking.

Hugs, Suzanne xxx

6 comments:

  1. WOW I love this, it's absolutely stunning, very eery and spooky!!!

    Thanks for playing along with us at AT - Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Der Gruselpart liegt dir total (:o)Eine schöne Kombination. An den Film kann ich mich auch noch erinnern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great masking and stamping Suzanne and I love the London theme.... Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow das ist echt außergewöhnlich aber absolut klasse!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the effect you have got with this card Suzanne - definitely eerie.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times again - good to see you.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! What an eerie and striking card - great! Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)