Wednesday, June 26, 2013

drip drop dripping

It's not that I don't do anything ... but due to some very unpleasant experiences I/we had recently (the flooding being only one of them) most things are only half finished or in progress at some other stage.

This is my very small project for the smudgy antics challenge 'dripping'.
It didn't turn out as elaborate as I wished and would have done with more time, but anyway.


Oh, no, wait, that's just a little Zombie gunk that dripped on my jeans ...

For a long time I had no clue what to do. As it happened there was an article about zombie movies in our TV magazine and suddenly I knew what my entry would be.
I made a little slide mailer ...
This is the front cover with some texture that doesn't look quite finished in my eyes yet. I'm thinking about what to add ...

Edit:
now I think it's finished:

The pics were almost the right size for microscope slides, I only glued them on black cardstock.
Inside:


The Zombie image is by acapella Stempel. I 'colored' it with DI reinker shabby shutters and fired brick. The gore and blood are made with glossy accents and shabby shutters resp. fired brick and festive berries.

When my little daughter (5) looked it over this morning and admired it, she rummaged around the table and suddenly exlaimed triumphantly: 'I found the murder weapon! It's the toothpick!' (... I applied the faux blood with).

A genuine offspring of her weird mother LOL

Thanks for stopping by and having a look.
Hugs, Suzanne xxx

9 comments:

  1. Very grusome, zombies not my cup of tea, but your slides are very effective. Gruesse von Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha LoL She's a cool cutie I bet :-) Great stuff.
    I love this creation and the textured front is amazing :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The texture on the cover is quite amazing Suzanne. I am still smiling at your daughter's exclamations.... Hope the zombie gunk comes out of your jeans! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your creation looks amazing, although creepy :-P
    But the comment of your daughter about the murderwapon...hilarious hahaha :-))))

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well I too gather my ideas from the strangest moment of sources..It turned out magnificent.I love your pie and thanks for playing with us at smudgy antics
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had my heart at "Zombie Gunk". LOL. I loves me some zombies and your slide mailer is beyond brilliant! Your texture on the cover is creepy, but yet I want to reach out and touch it. Then I get teased with the embellishment foreshadowing what is to come. Open up the mailer and BOOM! Zombie's in my face! Bright green zombie goo with dripping red blood and slides of some of the most awesome zombies in existence. Your stamped zombie head rocks too! Fab project! You can mail it to me if you want ;) Thanks for playing along with Smudgy Antics this fortnight :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally, LOVE your project! Your my kind of stamper! And Zombie gunk on your jeans, too funny!! I think you did a great job! Thanks for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics!
    Peace,
    Kristy
    (SA DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of different techniques. Loving the texture. Thank you for sharing your art with us at Smudgy Antics

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing piece! Love all the texture and the images......FAB!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)