Tuesday, May 7, 2013

ATCs with texture

Hi peeps, followers and passers by, I hope you're all well now that spring is in full bloom :-)

It's time for challenge #87 over at the Fun with ATCs blog. This time we ask you for lots and lots of various texture on your ATCs.

These two are my entries:
The background on this ATC is made with a technique Buttons showed on the Frilly and Funky blog some time ago. I stamped a cog stamp from Tim Holtz' time traveller plate into the viva decor ferro while it was still a bit wet. I added a few metal embellishments and a black embossed stamp image by paper artsy/hot picks.
-------------------
Der HG ist enstanden mit einer Technik, die Buttons vor einiger Zeit auf dem Frilly and Funky Blog erklärt hat.  Ich habe einen Zahnradstempel in die Masse eingedrückt, bevor sie vollständig getrocknet war, und ein paar Metallembellishments aufgebracht. Der Stempel ist von Paper Artsy/HotPicks und schwarz embosst.


For this one I used a technique Andy Skinner teaches in his 'rock your book' online workshop so please understand that out of respect I can't tell you the how-to. I used a skull I bought from the €-shop once and a metal spider from T.H. The look on the skull developed by accident. I painted it with distress paint antique linen first, then overpainted it with fresco crackle paint which I dried with the heat gun. Then I applied some distress stain vintage photo and dabbed it back with a kitchen towel. I really don't know what exactly happened - or not ;o) - there are no cracks but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. I squeezed some red stickles into the eye sockets to finish it off.
------------------------
Für diesen Hintergrund habe ich eine Technik verwendet, die Andy Skinner in seinem Online-Workshop 'Rock your Book' lehrt. Dazu eine Metallspinne von Tim Holtz und ein Schädel, den ich mal in einem Euroshop  mitgenommen habe. Das Aussehen des Schädels ist per Zufall entstanden: ich habe ihn zuerst mit Distress Paint antique linen angemalt, dann Fresco crackle paint drübergepinselt und mit dem Fön getrocknet. Anschließend habe ich Distress Stain vintage photo aufgebracht und das Ganze mit einem Küchentuch wieder abgetupft. Risse sind nun keine drin, aber mir gefällt er trotzdem.

If you could do with some inspiration please hop over to the Fun with ATCs blog and have a look at the awesome ATCs my fellow DT members created.

Thank you ever so much for stopping by ...
Have fun with loads of texture :-D
Hugs, Suzanne xxx

7 comments:

  1. Two excellent ATCs Suzanne, love the texture you created on the first, which looks amazing with the additional cogs. Great technique on the second too, really like the look of the skeleton. Two fabulous ATCs. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great texture on both ATC's!
    Groetjes karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great texture and layering Suzanne...great atc's!

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant texture on your ATCs, Suzanne - I love that creepy second one... great stuff!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome texture...love the gears and the image of the profile! Fabulous ATC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant ATCs!!!!! The texture are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of these suzanne but really like the andy one. the skull looks great even if it is a happy accident ;) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)