Sunday, April 28, 2013

skeletal remains ...

I already thought I had to pass ... - again :-(
But today a rather vague idea struck me when I glanced at a mdf frame I bought some time ago with not the faintest idea what to do with it ...

So this is my entry for the HDH challenge #165 which is 'skeletal remains':




This fierce little guy is guarding the bones of their race's forefather which lay buried under a most heavy tombstone to protect them. Legend has it that said forefather will return one day to lead his army of skeleton warriors ...

I treated the frame with something based roughly on the technique Andy Skinner is teaching at his online workshop 'book of ruination'.  I stamped the gravestone (paper artsy/hot picks) on a piece of cardstock I used the wrinkle free distress technique on with iced spruce and metallic distress stain brushed pewter, and overpainted it with a coat of crackle paint.

Thanks for looking.
Hugs, Suzanne xxx

10 comments:

  1. very cool,great to see the little sklelly guarding the way.thanks for joining us at hdh x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Suzanne, this is amazing. I love how you created so much texture on the frame, it looks like a fun technique. Love the little skeleton soldier on guard too - he does look quite fierce! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting and creepy Suzanne..it looks great in total!

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous looking frame and that little fella looks like he's ready to take on all-comers in defence of his ancestors. Thank you for sharing with us at HDH

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh what a fabulous frame! Love the texture and the story of the little dude. Thanks for sharing with HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great - love the texture on that frame.... fabulous. Thank you for playing along at Haunted Design House.
    IKE xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautifully done and i love the texture on this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb work on this. Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous make! In answer to your question on my blog, I get my pieces from any shop that carries Halloween pieces and toys. Halloween is huge in the states so skulls and skeletons can be found almost anywhere in October so I stock-up. My smaller skulls are charms for pendants. Where do you live?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)