Thursday, March 21, 2013

my first slide mailer ...

just as a little exercise to try the techniques I learned of at Andy Skinner's online workshop 'Book of Ruination'. I've been a bit too generous with the paints, just need some practice :-) Thankfully it's Easter holidays next week ...

front:

inside:
The angel (front cover) and the skeletons (one stamp actually) are by De Stempelwinkel (the tiny thingy at the left skeleton's shin is just a lint, only saw it after I took the pics :-)), the other angel is by stampinback.

On the left side I sealed the cardboard with matte medium, stamped the image and covered it with a rather thin layer of crackle accents. Afterwards I rubbed some brown acrylic paint into the cracks.
Then I painted the right side over with gesso and sprayed it with several shimmering sprays. The lace is by artistic outpost.
The whole thing came apart in the middle so I adhered a piece of washi tape, covered with brown acrylic paint and clear crackle paint.

I'm entering this into the challenge over at Smudgy Antics where they want to see anything but a card.

It will also be my entry into the first left of center challenge as a part of anything goes with goth/creepy/dark - for further details please have a look at their rules.

(sorry, deutsch kommt noch ;o))

Thanks so very much for having a look.
Hugs, Suzanne xxx

13 comments:

  1. Wow, das sieht ja echt super aus, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really have been busy. i'm doing the same course , but haven't started yet. hopefully today. Love the slider .Liebe gruesse Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your slide mailer Suzanne, great images and I love the crackling, it looks amazing enhanced with the brown paint in the cracks. I really must get my hands on one of these and have a go too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation, love the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool, great to see the Andy technique in action, looks fab x, love the stamped images x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely wonderful, Suzanne. I love all the techniques and fabulous stamping. Vee xx Those courses sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I said a wonderful creation. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Left of Center and hope to see you again. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic! I love the texture and the neat composition of images! Thanks for joining us at Left of Center!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is so cool. I love all that texture. Thanks for joining us at Left of Center this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning!! I really love the stamps you have used and all of that texture. Thank you for playing along with us at Smudgy Antics and Left of center xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzanne you've made such a fab start!! I love your stamped images and the crackle you've applied - love all of it actually!
    (I forgot about signing up for the course and I can't decide whether to do it now. . . . )
    Hope you are staying warm and having a little fun.
    Hugs, Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome Suzanne, now I want to take Andy's course I did anyway but you inspired it more..this is fabulous and thank you for playing with us at Smudgy Antics.
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suzanne - this is fabulous. Love the effects you have created and the stamps you've used are so on my wish list. Thank you for sharing your art with us at Smudgy Antics

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)