I gave it a coat of gesso at first and adhered some scraps of a calendar page, you can see the pattern peek through.
Then it went through different stages of applying paint with several stencils and colors.
Now here's where the + comes into play. I embossed a few clockfaces with embossing powder walnut stain and randomly applied some crackle paint tarnished brass.
Then I stamped the image and the sentiment on a seperate piece of paper I had sprayed with different kinds of spray. The stamps are by oxford impressions. Afterwards I sprinkled a bit embossing powder onto the whole piece (vintage photo, walnut stain, frantage embossing enamel ivory).
A little bit more embossing enamel around the edges
... and finally a coat of glue and seal.
It looks a bit dark in the end, but I like it a lot ;-)
Thank you very much for looking and your patience.
I'm entering this into Carolyn Dube's March gelli print party, hoping it counts although I used a few more ingredients :-D

Hugs, Suzanne xxx




Very cool - I love all the layers. The finished item is wonderful :-D x
ReplyDeleteDas sieht echt klasse aus, Suzanne. Toll, wie Du die verschiedenen Schritte beschreibst und fotografiert hast. Klasse
ReplyDeleteLove how this made such dramatic twists and turns as the layers were added! Fabulous use of the Gelli Plate! So glad you shared this with the party!
ReplyDeleteWhat an absolutely amazing transformation Suzanne! So much texture and such wonderful colours. Love this. Hugs, Anne x
ReplyDeleteI love that you added so much more to this than the standard paint. Just fabulous layers of fun stuff...gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI love all the different stages and layers, great finished piece x
ReplyDeleteWow that must have been a party Suzanne! Gorgeous result!!! Gellitastic!
ReplyDeletegreetings, Alie :-)
What a party you had. Love what you did and taking it further than just the print. Brilliant.
ReplyDelete