Over at the Craft Barn there's a new challenge.
It's all about letters and dictionaries: the alpha challenge. The challenge will be offered every second Sunday and the letters won't be chosen in alphabetical order ;o)
The rules are explained in detail on the craft barn blog.
We are to take a dictionary, chose a word and make it into a project.
This week it's the letter V.
I went for the word 'VANITY' and came up with something I intend to assemble into a journal in the end but is now only a loose page
The background is another Gelli Plate experiment - so no surprise there.
The stamp was sent to me by the wonderful and most generous Vee, I've been so very delighted to get it and thought it would fit well with the quote by R.L. Stevenson I chose. I tore out the definition of vanity of an old dictionary I purchased at a fleamarket, applied some crackle paint here and there as a resist, crumpled it and went over it with some DI spiced marmelade and vintage photo, glued it down. The words are computer generated, swiped through a few more DIs and glued down as well. The rose (Art Journey) is black embossed.
Thanks a lot for looking.
Hugs, Suzanne xxx
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Craft Barn Alpha Challenge - letter V
Labels:
Art Journal,
Art Journey,
challenge,
distress stains,
Gelli Plate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Hi Suzanne, you are so clever with your Gelli plate! The background on this is just fabulous, great colours and love the stamping. The quote really fits the theme well too. Hugs, Anne x
ReplyDeleteI keep seeing the gelli plate being mentioned, I must check it out. Your BG is amazing, love all the depth in your piece.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful inky page Suzanne, fab colours and lovely touches all over.
ReplyDeleteHugs x
Das sieht sowas von KLASSE aus Suzanne!
ReplyDeleteDu ich denke jetzt dauert es gar nict mehr lang und ich darf Dich bei
ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY begrüßen als Reisende!
Fabelhaft sieht das aus!
A great page Suzanne, im loving the use of the gelli plate, you are getting some great results.
ReplyDeleteGreat start on the challenge. Love your background. Fantastic
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
Izzy
This is just amazing work!!! I do hope that you continue with this challenge and a big thank you for joining in with us x
ReplyDeleteOoh loving that background- a gelli plate is on my wish list, it looks such fun ! Great quotation too and perfect image..Esther xx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous background and page. Love the quote, too.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining the challenge at Craftbarn :-)
hello again! your vanity page is looking great! I do like "weird" and groovy things . Well done!...and that gelli plate is just soooo needed here in my basement;)!!!
ReplyDeleteA great page, love the quote.
ReplyDeleteThis page is amazing! I am thinking about doing this challenge and this page is certainly VERY inspiring. It is just how I wish my craft work looks, but I never seem to manage it. Thanks for explaining how you used crackle paint...I recently got some and haven't a clue how to use it! Love from Laura xxxx
ReplyDelete