Monday, January 21, 2013

a (steampunk?)rose for you ...

One of those cards that developed itself.
Somehow it reminds me of the 'Little Prince' with his rose.


The background is swiped through some DI iced spruce and weathered wood, then embossed with the riveted metal embossing folder and wiped over with some more iced spruce. Then I added some embossing ink here and there and sprinkled it with vintage photo emb. powder.
The butterfly is by chocolate baroque, stamped onto and cut out from one of my gelli plate prints. Into the wings I put two screw brads, also embossed with vintage photo. The rose is by chocolate baroque, too, just dabbed with distress stains peeled paint and rusty hinge and also sprinkled with emb. powder vintage photo. The guy is by one of my favorite shops: art journey.

Finally I added a weathered clock I found by accident in my chaos around me :-) I was just thinking hard about what I could add still because it looked so blank in some areas ...

Thank you so very much for looking.

Hugs, Suzanne

7 comments:

  1. Wow - tolle Stempel und geniale Farben!! Eine Traum-Karte!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super!
    Eine Spitzen-Karte ist das geworden.
    Einfach perfekt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanne, I think I am going to call you the Gelli Plate Queen! Your work with the plate is fantastic, everything you do with it is so lovely. This piece is beautiful, the embossing on the riveted background is so rich and the butterfly behind the man is wonderful - can you tell I love this piece? Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. a gorgeous creation, with a lot of detail! I love the gorgeous art journey stamp you used!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the combination of stamps...what a good idea Suzanne! The background looks great with it.

    bye bye, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That rusty background is a triumph. Love the whole verdigris look you've created and it suits your steampunk man so well. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. you really do have some fantastic stamps. i love the aged back ground and the addition of the wings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)