Tuesday, December 18, 2012

pick a song ... for FwATCs #77

Again a fortnight is over and so there's a new challenge at Fun with ATCs: pick a song.

For the first ATC I chose "Flieger, grüß mir die Sonne ..." (covered) by a German Band 'Extrabreit' (roughly translated 'Aviator, say hello to the sun, the stars and the moon ...').

video: http://www.myvideo.de/watch/5685978/Extrabreit_Flieger_Gruess_mir_die_Sonne
(sorry for the crappy video, couldn't find a better one)

The background is inked with DI tumbled glass, broken china, faded jeans, iced spruce, dusty concord and a tiny shade of black, spritzed with water and stamped as seen. A few embossed stars, and the compass is stamped with silver acrylic paint.


The second one is 'The Wizard' by Madness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MUdEAbm8cM

The background is swiped through some DI spiced marmelade, moistened with glimmer mist pearl (for the 'magic', you know? *g), stamped as seen, the wizard is by acapella stamps, colored with DI, the beard with stickles diamond, cut out and added to the ATC.
Then I added some more stickles and some embossing. Much glitter ... forgive me :-D

I chose these two songs for no particular reason, they just just happen to be on my mobile among others.
At the moment I prefer - if at all - listening to more sad and melancholy songs.

Please come over to Fun with ATCs and have a look at the gorgeous works the other DT members made and we'd be very delighted if you'd have a play, too.

Suzanne xx

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful ATCs Suzanne, the first looks quite ethereal and I just love the colour in the second one and that Wizard is a fabulous image. I really like how the wizard is also set outside the frame. You are so clever with your ATCs. At this time of year I love to listen to Michael Buble (sad I know) and also Il Divo. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your ATC are great, and have got me thinking....if I have the time to join in the challenge... Gruesse von Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful ATC's, absolutely love the second one! Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful ATC's Suzanne, I love the colours on both of them x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome atc's. I love the plain stamp. It's a great scene you have created. I love the wizard. Ill be checking him out. I loved this challenge. Music has played a big role in my life. Listening only. I'm tone deaf in real life lol. Like Anne said the way the wizard is out of frame is really cool. Adds real depth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful ATCs!!!!
    Merry Christmas to you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)