Sunday, November 11, 2012

Self Propelled Flowers

Over at DragonsDream - TIO #128 - Gabrielle asks us to cook something up according to the following recipe: butterflies, flowers and locomotion/movement of some sort!
Inspired by a quote by R.H. Heinlein: Butterflies are self propelled flowers.


The background is sprayed with dylusion sprays and color wash, before I sprayed the blues I added a bit of goosebumps to make it look like clouds. The flowers are die cut from patterned paper (7 dots, I think) which I then moistened, sprayed with yellow dylusion spray and some glimmer mist pearl, and crumpled up. Then I gave them a blast with my heat gun before I unfolded them. The centers are punched out from brown cardstock with an ordinary office punch. The butterflies are stamped and colored by just swiping some distress stains over them, then cut out.

As for the movement: the butterfly on the top left is mounted onto an action wobble. It spins when touched lightly. 
And now you know why they had to be this big :-) The antennae of the left butterfly are made from a pipe cleaner. I bent up the wings of the right butterfly a bit to hopefully make it a bit more dimensional.

The grass stamp is by darkroomdoor, the butterfly by artemio.

Thanks for looking.
Hugs, Suzanne xxx 

14 comments:

  1. Your background is lush, vibrant and simply gorgeous. Love the butterfly and that is a great idea to make it wobble. Not sure what goosebumps are but they look great on your clouds. A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag the colours are so vibrant. Thanks for sharing with us at Dragons Dream TIO. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the graduation of colour from blue to green. Love Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was für ein wunderschönes Tag Suzanne. Die Blümchen sind ja toll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're bringing the summer in autumn time Suzanne, thanks :-)

    greetings, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Großartige Kombination von Farben und Formen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ein wunderschönes Tag, die Schmetterlinge sehen klasse aus. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei TIO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous background Suzanne!! I love your grass stamp and the way you've used the colours in the background is perfect. Wonderful butterflies too! Like the idea that one is wobbly too!!
    Have a great week!
    Big Hugs,
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning background... the stamping is fabulous..love those butterflies... Thank you for Dreaming with us at Dragons Dream.... May x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous. Love the vibrant colours and the butterflies. Great job. Thanks for sharing at tio

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the use of 'action wobble'!!! Brilliant! Your tag is fabulous and the background is stunning! Thank you so much for joining in with my TIO recipe this time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous Suzanne, such vibrant colours and the butterflies are beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us again at TIO xx
    I'm sure I've left this comment already but it seems to have disappeared lol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. wundervoll..so schöne Farben und die Blumen und aufgesetzten Schmetterlinge sind toll!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)