Sunday, November 2, 2014

workshop retreat and other inspirations

Hi all, a warm hello to those who are still visiting :-) I'm so happy to see you here.
As it is - and will be at least for the rest of the year - (you and) I will have to settle for occasional posts and comments only further on. Family- and the rest of everyday life has become a struggle for me for quite some time and I/we need lots of time and patience.
Of course I'll do my share for my favourite design team from the de stempelwinkel blog but I have no clue how regularly I'll be able to share something else on my blog.

That said, I wanted to tell you about last Saturday, Oct. 25th.
I've been to Ede/NL, home of one of my favourite shops: de Craftorij. Lia and her busy and invaluable team had organized a craft retreat for Saturday and Sunday. I decided to join Andy Skinner's workshop. He shared some of his gorgeous timeworn techniques, using examples of wallhangers with a base from foam board. It's great stuff to work on :-)
This is what I did with all those yummieh fluid paints, embellishments, and loads of other terrific stuff Andy provided us with:



It was - once more - an overwhelming experience to join one of Andy's workshops and I just can't thank Lia and her team enough to keep cooperating with him and thus giving me and all the other enthusastic fans :-) the chance to learn from this great artist! :-D As I got to know him - well, the little bit I did *g* - Andy is a fun, patient, relaxed, down to earth .... kind of guy and I enjoy participating in his artistic skills an awful lot.
So, enough sweet talk, just take the chance to experience for yourself, you won't be disappointed.
I just relished working more or less concentrated (good thing you didn't see me, my cluelessness, and my mess LOL) in a relaxed atmosphere with so many talented ladies and without feeling the need to talk nonstop. I'm looking forward to the next time.

I also met and talked to some stunningly gifted and interesting ladies too, of course.
It would be unfair to name some and others not, so I'm just mentioning Miranda Bosch-Thurlings, who just released her first Art Journal book and who is rightly proud of it :-) It contains many many tipps and examples as well as comprehensible steps and explanations to start art journaling right away. Congrats, Miranda! Very well done.

Following one of her youtube tuts I painted a mobile case these days:


This, too, was lots of fun to do and I'm sure it won't be the last piece I made. Sadly I can't find anything suitable to treat like this around here at home just now ...

That's it so far.
Thanks so much for paying a visit and your patience with me ... hopefully :-)
Hugs, Suzanne xxx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne, sorry to hear that you have problems which will prevent you from blogging, but I guess lots of us will be going less (?) in the run up to Christmas. I have not even started my Christmas cards....... sigh.

    I love what you made in Andy's class, I hope to get to one of them one day! Take care my friend. Big hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed the class and I love the phone case. I hope you get through this time of the year unscathed x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creations! and I love what you did with the
    phone case! Groetjes karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work from Andy's class is delightful....and I'm hoping your challenges will prove easier than expected. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)