Thursday, June 12, 2014

Seth Apter's Buried Treasure

Hi and hello everyone around blogland.

Seth Apter is hosting his annual 'Buried Treasure' for the sixth time and I'm so very happy to join in this year. It's all about digging up your favorite old(er) posts from the past on your blog.

http://thealteredpage.blogspot.de/

Ooooh what hard choices to make ... I would have loved to come up with just two or three projects but I simply couldn't decide, so please bear with me :-)
When I've been rummaging through my blog I discovered a few things I completely forgot about and some I'd like to remove in retrospect. Anyway, in the end I chose the following:

This is kind of a journal page I made with the gelli arts gel printing plate, one of my favorite crafting tools. It was made for an alphabet challenge, letter D and I picked this one because it's a lot of ME in it. Just like in the next piece

Then I chose a book I made for a swap with the wonderful and very talented and inspiring Patti Tolley Parrish, again with gelli plate prints. It was the first 'real' book I ever made and you can see the complete blogpost here, if you like.

Next comes a little book I made from coasters and coffee-dyed paper. I just love this - its texture, the colors, the closure ... and I love Brett Weldele's stamps :-)

and last but not least something I made only recently

a small box from cardboard with lots and lots of texture
That's it, you're through :-)
Thanks so very, very much for your visit and your patience.

Have a great day and lots of fun visiting the blogs of all the people taking part in 'Buried Treasure'.

Suzanne xx

9 comments:

  1. Was für fantastische Arbeiten- ich liebe besonders die tollen Farben und Texturen und was du damit gestaltet! Liebe Grüße, Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creations! It's the first time I've been here and will come back to see what you've been up to!

    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing such a fine sampling of your creativity...everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices Suzanne! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous blog, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a wonderful breadth of work!
    Really love your most recent box!
    Wonderful Buried Treasure!
    All the best,
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzanne, Thank you for sharing these wonderful Buried Treasures! I am happy you could not decide on one as these are all great!! I will be back!
    Jackie ")

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very impressive. I've really enjoyed the brief tour behind your buried treasure. That final piece, the box, is awesome. I would love to see more of it and all that gorgeous texture. Of course, I also really like your use of papers you made with the gelli plate. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)