Monday, November 4, 2013

waiting for a 'horse'man ...

something different ...
I found these things and had the feeling they belong together ...


This is what I made so far
I sprayed the deer with Dylusions spray white linen and painted the eyes red, glued it down with hot glue. To hide the glue a ribbon was wrapped around the neck.
The combo of the colors how they came out is a bit strange, has been intended differently ... but it's okay, I think.
Some details:

I took the back out of the frame and decoupaged it with scraps from an old dictionary. Then I applied a wash of DecoArt quin gold and the two step crackle. I rubbed some burnt umber into the cracks and sealed the surface.
As for the frame ... let me think if I remember what I did ... :-D
I primed it with DecoArt acrylic paint desert sand and added a wash of black acrylic paint. Here, too, I applied the two step crackle and rubbed some quin gold into the cracks. Then there was too less contrast in comparison to the background - therefore I added another wash of black and water. That's it :-)

And now I'm waiting for someone special to arrive to put onto it *hehe*

Thanks so much for stopping by ...
Hugs, Suzanne xxx

6 comments:

  1. Lovely! What crackle did you use, it has worked so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you for the extra info, I can't wait to see what is going to happen next!

      Delete
  2. A great frame...and you made a stunning background Suzanne! The reindeer looks funny!!! Perheps Santa will bring you that special someone! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Das ist ja eine coole Idee - so einen Hirschkopf hab ich auch noch irgendwo liegen ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only you! haha! Brilliant! Cannot wait to see who is going to sit on it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Suzanne, this is a fabulous project, that frame is GORGEOUS, the background is fantastic that deer, well I;m always tring to find, deer things for my brother the hunter, this would be a KOOL thing to make, thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)