Monday, October 21, 2013

Book of Redemption

I've been lucky enough to get a place in Andy Skinner's 'Cracked Angel' workshop at De Craftorij in Ede/NL (if you ever have the chance to visit this shop - do so. It's absolutely great and run by very nice and generous ladies) - and what a terrific day it has been!!! It was so totally worth the trip I took far abroad (have been on my feet from 5 am to 10.30 pm *phew* - so very unusual for me...) LOL

I'm so very delighted to have met Lia - one of the nicest shop owners I ever met; I certainly will visit her shop again as soon as I get the chance to :-D (of course the other lady has been very nice, too - shame on me I don't even know her name :-()- Elly and Alie whose artwork I love. 
In a very relaxed and familiar atmosphere we (a group of 14 women - poor Andy LOL - whom I enjoyed very much meeting, too :-) ) were shown and told through various steps to alter a wooden book box - and this is my result:

front cover

back cover
details

the spine
and the drawer


To be honest I didn't think I'd be 'good enough', but I'm quite happy with the result. I certainly will do some more.
Thanks to all the parties involved for an extremely extraordinary day!!
(I also used the opportunity to stock up with stuff - my poor purse was aching - will show my sins later ...)

Hugs, Suzanne xxx

7 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne, what a fabulous creation! The front is beautiful but the back is absolutely stunning! Love the way you have used Andy's skull mask/stencil, it looks so effective. I think you have done amazing work on this beautiful piece and how wonderful to take a class with Andy too! It was definitely worth it. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ich finde das Front cover auch schon sehr schön, aber der Rücken ist einfach umwerfend!
    Schöne Woche und lG
    Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - the texture on this is just gorgeous. I bet it's very touchy feely in real life.

    Not good enough indeed - I could've told you you were beyond good enough x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow gorgeous! And show us your sins, haha, i will visit the craftory tomorrow to score some stencils. Groetjes karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wauw dat is echt prachtig zeg! En zo gevaarlijk die winkel! Ben erg benieuwd wat je allemaal gekocht hebt :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning, what a great class. Both sides are brill but I love the back. lad you had a great time. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Suzanne for your kind words! It was so nice having you here :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)