Wednesday, November 7, 2012

steampunk lady

for the 'Frilly and Funky' challenge 'It's Three in a Row with Tic Tac Toe'.

I've chosen metal, metallic distress stains and buttons.
This tag cost me quite some nerves ... ;-)
The background is wrinkle free distress technique with rusty hinge and antiqued bronze, the metal is obvious I think and for the buttons ... well I rummaged around in my stash for ages to find matching buttons, without success. Then finally I remembered the gorgeous sewing room die from Mr. Holtz that I own ... HA!
So I prepared another piece of cardstock with the same technique and colors, die cut the buttons and covered them with crackle paint clear rock candy, then tried to rub some antiqued  bronze into the cracks. The lady is colored in with distress ink pads.
Hope the tag fits the bill.


stamp: stampers best.
on the background there are a couple of stamps by oxford impressions, sadly hardly to be seen ... 

Thanks for looking.
Hugs, Suzanne xxx

9 comments:

  1. Looking good, well done. Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background and buttons look amazing Suzanne and I love that lady, she is lovely and so is your tag! Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great lady Suzanne...gorgeous mixed media on this tag!

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous background...perfectly vintage and so stunning! She's a beauty...love all her metal! Thank you so much for playing with us at Frilly & Funkie this fortnight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Großartig deine Lady! Steampunk vom Feinsten.

    LG
    Renate

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous tag, and what a beautiful stamp you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzanne it's gorgeous! The background is stunning and those buttons were an inspired idea! I don't know why you were nervous about this. You always combine lots of wonderful techniques and your colour choice is as fab as ever.
    Have a wonderful weekend and I owe you an email! I'll catch up with you over the weekend.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning background on your tag! Love the colors and that cool steampunk lady! Thank you for playing along with us at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous tag Suzanne, the background is stunning ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)