Sunday, November 4, 2012

a tribute to Hammer Films

for the Haunted Design House challenge #157: 'Hammer House of Horror'
We are asked to choose a Hammer film, a Hammer actor, or Hammer movie monster, and let it be your muse for this challenge.

I went with Mr. Lee himself. Not very creative but true to my bloody soul :-)


I wanted to do some bookends but it went all wrong from the beginning. I wanted to do an image transfer ... crap. So I tried the thing with the self adhesive foil. To hide some flaws  add some interest I let some blood drip down ... in the end I've been completely clueless about how to color the bottom edge so I glued on the graveyard. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time left to color it properly so I had to go with the quick version ..
Anyway ... I made it just in time :-D

Thanks for having a look.
Hugs, Suzanne xxx

6 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne, I do love Hammer House of Horror and I think your entry is fabulous, the dripping blood looks realistic and the graveyard at the bottom finishes it off so well. I think it is brilliant! Good luck with the challenge. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background and blood. Great image. Thanks for playing in the dungeon at hdh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you got it perfectly, well done. Gruesse von Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  4. /excellent work. Thanks for playing with haunted design house this week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! Glad you made it! Thanks for joining us at HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)