Thursday, October 11, 2012

quick last minute card for the Artful Times - challenge

just finished my entry for the Artul Times Challenge #14: 'postcard' this minute.
It should be a postcard sized 4 by 6 inches and it should include some script/letters.

I've been inspired today by an article in the Craft Stamper magazine.
For the background I dry-embossed some blue cardstock with chipboard letters and sanded them back a little (sadly the embossing doesn't show and stands out that well, I think I used the 'wrong' cardstock - certainly will try this again). Then I overstamped them with a script stamp from darkdroomdoor in brown.
The panels are stamped with images by indigo blu from the 'Grand Tour I' plate on a wrinkle free distress background which I cut out and arranged on the cardstock. I sponged the chipboard letters with vintage photo, overstamped them with the same script stamp and coated them with a layer of glossy. Arranged them on a post-themed strip of Tim Holtz tissue tape.
 
 Thanks for stopping by
Hugs, Suzanne xx

8 comments:

  1. Great postcard Suzanne, love how you've used those Indigo Blu stamps.

    Thanks for joining us again this week.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful and the colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful postcard, love the colours you have used and the composition is perfect.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times.
    Hugs, Neet x
    ps I love your blog layout

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely postcard - great idea! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice card with lovely stamps...I guess I missed some of your posts...I see...sorry...you did great on them Suzanne!

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very nicely put together postcard :)
    Thank youfor sharing with us at Artful Times
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card with beautiful colors. Nice touch to place the sentiment sideways.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, eine großartige Karte, Suzanne.

    Ich wünsche Dir ein schönes Wochenende

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)