This was supposed to be for the 'Smudgy Antics' Challenge 'Dia De Los Muertos' (I'm just a bit irritated now because it's spelled differently on the stamp ...).
It didn't turn out as intended at all. Have to say, during the make my husband called to tell me that our little daughter (4 yrs) ran off while running some errands in the city ... from that moment on everything went downwards and I've been extremely unconcentrated. But anyway, no excuse :-D *
She came back soon and unharmed - sometimes it has its 'downside' if the kids are too independent at that age.
Now I did the card, so I'll enter it anyway ... even if the other entries are so much more elaborate and beautiful. That's life (with children) ...
Stamps are by: Bombshell Stamps, Lost Coast Design, Artistic Outpost.
Thanks for having a look anyway :-D
* Since family only came back in the earlier evening I only learned then
what happened. She has been picked up by a nice lady who called the
police - the security chief of the shopping mall she got lost in called
them, too, and so they knew where to get her. It didn't take too long.
What a relief!!!
Saturday, October 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Hi Suzanne, oh my you must have had your heart in your mouth when you got that scary news!! I'm so glad everything turned out well. A fab card though came out of the day. Thank you for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics this week
ReplyDeleteI love the card! The hat looks really good on the skeleton :-))
ReplyDeleteHave a nice sunday,
Henny
Hi Suzanne, well I for one, absolutely love it, so quirky and love that drink in his hand. Your background is stunning, the colours are perfect. I do like a skeleton with a heart....... so, so glad to hear that your little one returned safely.... hardly surprising you cannot concentrate but everything turned out so well in the end. Crafty hugs, Anne x
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness you must have been going out of your mind when she disappeared! so glad she was back soon! I remember when one of my sons did that in a supermarket, he was always off exploring, they found him at the back of the cheese counter having a look at the big storage fridges!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your fun project with us at Smudgy Antics
The card looks great, fab colours. Francesca
ReplyDeletegorgeous card! kids pffff, luckely she was found quickly! When my daughter was younger the same thing happened, so i know how you felt! have a nice sunday
ReplyDeleteIt is a great card , lovely :) I´m glad it turned out well with your little girl. Thank you for taking part in this weeks challenge at Smudgy Antics!
ReplyDeleteSo relieved to here your DD was not harmed, little kids are sneaky!
ReplyDeleteAs far as the spelling of "la" and "los" is a manner of speaking. Since it's a Spanish word, it a matter of who your saying to words to "Los" is a more proper way of speaking. So the point is it is all good that your stamp reads la, instead of "Los." BC broken down "dia" means "day," "de" means "of," "la" or "los" means "the" and "muertos" means "dead."
I know you probably did want to read all that but I just though I'd share that with you BC you seamed so up set over the wording.
I think your card turned out quite fun, love the wings behind the skeleton, and love the fact he is a parting skeleton with his cocktail in hand! Love the aging effect this card has and the roses too! Great job!
Thank you for sharing your art work at Smudgy Antics for the Dia De Los Muertos challenge!
Peace,
Kristy
(SA DT)
Thank you so much for enlightening me :-) Knew the translation but your explanation is very helpful, too. It's interesting, thanks. And many thanks for your nice comment.
DeleteBest, Suzanne