Wednesday, August 1, 2012

traveling Europe

I just finished my entry for the Artful Times Challenge - a trip to Europe on a TAG.

  • I didn't want to use Paris/France stamps / own a very few but never been there neither have I any plans to ever go there.
  • I didn't want to make another London tag - the ones already shown in the challenge are too gorgeous to compete with :-)
  • I don't have too many stamps from other countries and/or places.
  • ... :-D
So it's Ireland - Germany (Frankfurt) - the Netherlands.

The background is green - white - orange, the colors of Ireland (distress ink, sprinkled with water droplets), of course, but orange also is for the Netherlands.
Good old Johann is a shrinkie. To show Ireland I made a transfer of a map on cling film* - turned out very well, I must say. Finally I added a few stamps here and there and a bit of Tim Holtz filmstrip.

Thanks for stopping by
Suzanne xx


For those who asked:
*that's applying and pressing cling film onto a picture and rubbing it firmly (bonefolder, fingers, back of a spoon ...). Then turn it around and moisten the paper with water in order to rub it gently away. Advantage: it won't turn out back-to-front :-)

5 comments:

  1. What a great journey you've created on this tag, Suzanne!

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what a trip Suzanne, hope you get to fulfil your dream one day

    Thanks for virtually travelling with us this week

    Sam - Artful Times xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful travel tag ! a great reminder of all the wonderful things you will see :)
    Thank you for sharing your plans with us at Artful Times
    Von x☺x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Suzanne, I love this tag and I hope you take it with you on your journey. It would be fabulous to use it on the cover of a travel journal.
    I am intrigued as to how you did the map of Ireland - sounds so different.
    Thanks for your very open and honest description - and thanks for joining us at Artful Times - hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tag, great colours and a nice trip. Francesca xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for your much appreciated comment :-)